FRC events take places from November to April each school year. The SBPLI Long Island FIRST Regional Competitions takes place over a four-day period each March/April. Though volunteers are needed for the duration of the Annual tournament, such as for judging, there are other opportunities available that span just one-day all events.
The volunteer opportunities currently available include:
- Awards Assistant (must be highly organized and a good communicator)
- Crowd Control (must be a good communicator and have the ability to stand for long periods)
- Pit Administration Support (must be a good communicator)
- Practice Field Attendant (must have good time management)
- Safety Exit Monitor (must be upbeat and have the ability to sit for long periods)
- Team Queuing (must have the ability to stand for long periods)
- Lounge Monitor (must be upbeat and have the ability to sit for long periods)
- Registration/Information Table Volunteer (must be upbeat and detail oriented)
- FRC Mentor
Please note: All FRC volunteers must be comfortable working with and encouraging youth age 14 to 18.
FRC Team and Event Sponsorship opportunities are also available. For additional information please contact SBPLI.